Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Dabbling Wednesday

I don't often crochet, I don't often work with wire, and I don't often work with beads, so today I did all three!

I used a simple pattern Nezumi World, and read some helpful tips on working with wire over at seafore.com.

I used a 28 gauge wire and a 3.5 metal crochet hook.

I strung 35 beads, but only ended up using 22

Left a long tail as I was going to have to attach it to a clasp later.

Here I am using the tail from the the slip knot to tie around the spring clasp.
I tweaked the bead placement so they hung at one side instead of in the middle.
It was surprisingly easy. The only tip I have is that it's difficult to undo stitches, so make sure the loop on the needle is a good size before you start the yo process.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing!! I recently ventured into crocheting wire jewelry too. I want to do more of it, and this looks like such a great idea...hanging a bead on each stitch!!! I love the color you chose too. Very pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely braclet! I enjoyed reading your blog! I never thought of crocheting with wire! Would love you to stop by my blog if you get a chance:
    www.karismaheartsavannah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, thanks poetess :)

    Karen - Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if it hurts your hand to work with wire. Your bracelet looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Tamdoll. Nope, it didn't hurt my hands.

    ReplyDelete