Well, I was not satisfied last night so I decided to rip out nearly all of what I had done yesterday to make the hat a bit shorter and make some other modifications.
Here is what it looked like last night:
Only it's actually gray, not tan...
I haven't quite gotten back to the same point yet. Sinced I decided to make it shorter I ripped out to where the decreases start (way in the back of the photo), only I ripped out way too much and had to reknit several inches. Did the decreases, redoing what I did yesterday by doing ssk decreases on the right side, and picked up the stitches pwise for the brim, and knit wise for the rest of hat.
So ya, about 5 or so rows behind where I got to yesterday, but really, it's fine, really.