Tuesday, June 02, 2009

It's not a wrap


About half-way through the second panel of the hat (there are 4 panels). Had a bit of trouble with the short rows. Tried picking up the wrap in the wrap-and-turn, tried following some directions online for Japanese short rows on garter stitch (it's my favorite short row on stockinette), but I finally found somewhere that said on garter stitch short rows do the wrap and turn, and when you get back to the gap just keep going. The wrap ends up looking like one of the bumps. And it worked!

I ended up keeping the weird looking short row turns, probably because I was afraid if I didn't I would get nowhere with this hat. So I'm just telling myself that this part will just be facing the back of my head, and that the next panels will look much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment