Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I hope you had a nice St. Patrick's Day. We celebrated by sharing a can of Guinness.

No one at work was wearing green. Jessamy had warned me that that might be the case, so I also went in non-green attire. But, starting around noon I could hear (I work in a university campus) celebrators egging each other on. And when I left work there were tons of students in the quad area with similar, if not matching, green shirts, and the same hat (possibly a sponsor?).

I haven't gotten any further on Jessamy's sock because I'm working on a secret project. I can't tell you what it is, or show you a picture of it, yet, but here's a picture of the yarn.


Oooh. It's fine milk cotton by Rowan. 70% Cotton, 30% milk protein. When I had gone shopping for the yarn I had wanted something washable. I was looking mainly at cottons, and thinking about the organic cotton, but then I saw this and the nice colors and, well, forgot about the washable thing. This yarn is so not washable that it even says do not soak or leave wet. It's very soft though, and I've had no problems knitting with it, but the spin is very loose which can get annoying. It is a Rowan yarn, so David is about to special order it if you're interested in it.If you're on ravelry it's in my project page.

No comments:

Post a Comment