Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th!

I kept forgetting today was 4th of July! Usually at home the illegal fireworks would have started last week, and culminating in a very loud day today. Mostly though my only reminders that it was the 4th was the "happy 4th!" messages on twitter.

Although did have a culinary treat today for dinner.
Jessamy had actually made the dough last night, and had let it rise in the fridge overnight (a user comment on the recipe said it was better that way).

We also watched Serena vs Venus today. I have no idea how tennis is scored, but just thinking about how messed up the situation was kept me entertained. The announcers mentioned that this was the third time that they have had two US finalists play on the 4th of July.
I'm still reading El Hobbit. Actually, I'm reading El Hobbit and The Hobbit at the same time. I don't know if my understanding of conjugation is getting better (actually I do know, it isn't getting better), but I am learning some new nouns, like capuchon (hood). Of course this also means it's going to take me twice as long to read the book than if I just read one or the other. I'm just hoping I can keep renewing it from the library...

I'm more than halfway done with Jessamy's sweater. Only there's a slight problem. It's still too big! So really it just makes her look, well, large. Not good... So tomorrow I'll be ripping most of it out (to a few inches above the armpit) and reknitting. I'd rather reknit it so she can wear it at least once than have it never be worn at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment