Monday, January 07, 2008

I have a Ravelry Account!

I know I'm a little late here, but I finally have a Ravelry account!

You have to understand, I don't have a Facebook account, didn't have a Flikr account until I signed up with Ravelry and I haven't posted anything on Youtube. Myspace and this blog seemed like enough. So I kept ignoring all of the mentions of the site on practically every knitting blog out there, refusing to join anything else because I assumed it was just another social networking site as opposed to an organizational tool. But it seems like a great idea, and I hope I stick with it.

Ravelry is still in its Beta stage, but there is a long waiting list to join, so don't do what I did and just ignore the signs.

My ravelry profile is fibrous.

Speaking of technology, last night after listening to the latest cast-on podcast, I searched for more podcasts to listen to. Apparently not only does everyone stop knitting in the summer, but knitters stop podcasting during the summer too. About 3/4 of the podcasts I had found are no longer being made. My favorite podcaster I found last night, and unfortunately one of the ones who are no longer active is Irie Knits. She seems like a really fun person, and although the casts aren't new, they're new to me.

2 comments:

  1. Thea--I'm so sorry I didn't get to see you while you were in town. It's been a little crazy. Anyway, glad you made it safely back to England. I hope to see you next time you're in town.
    Happy New Year!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Brenda, and happy 2008 to you too!!! I'll be back for the summer, maybe???

    ReplyDelete