Sunday, January 16, 2011

Mid-January resolutions

I can't remember the last time I made a New Year's resolution.

I normally just make resolutions throughout the year which I then promptly abandon or fail. And I don't subscribe to the idea that it's a new year and therefore there should be new changes. When I'm writing down dates I still write the old year until like 3 weeks into January.

So I'm finding it rather odd that I'm giving myself two new goals to achieve so early in the year. I'm going to be trying to list something new on etsy each day, and I'm going to be going on more walks. Hopefully. That is, unless it snows...

So far I've listed something each day from last Wednesday to today. And today is my second day of going on a morning walks. Today I walked to the foot of Arthur's Seat. I'm hoping to walk a little further up the hill each day...


The weather at least is supposed to be sunny this week (um, ya, I think no rain constitutes as being sunny over here).

At least it's not supposed to snow this week! Here's what Arthur's Seat looked like last month:


What about you? Do you make resolutions?

2 comments:

  1. I don't often make resolutions. One or two years I think I put them on the blog. They're more like "to-do" lists that I can check off periodically. I just try to "be better" in general each year. Let's not even talk about losing weight or exercising more! That's a constant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well what a beautiful place to walk, that should not be hard to keep that resolution...

    ReplyDelete