Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Letter to My Sweater


Dear sweater,

I'm sorry, but things just aren't working out between us. Yes, we had fun at first with a mini cabled neck hole, but things are different now.

It's not you, it's me, really. I knew it was a bad idea to just hope the gauge would be correct by going down a needle size and not doing another swatch. I knew switching from bamboo on the gauge swatch to metal needles was foolish. But I didn't care. And now, well, now look at us. When I try you on I get weird bulges around the armpits and in the back I have more bulges, as if I'm trying to be Angel from X-Men.

I had a feeling something was wrong for a while now, and avoiding it didn't help. We have to part ways today, now. And please don't call, I'm moving back in with the half-finished Jaywalker socks.

Thea

3 comments:

  1. I know just how you feel, but I haven't voiced it as witty as you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame! That's a lot of knitting... I've had something similar happen, it took me months before I actually frogged it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so sad. I think you let it down easy and it should recover into something else nice and cozy one day.

    ReplyDelete