Monday, June 14, 2010

Cabled Gloves are done!!

Woohooo.

The story behind them is that I had wanted to make J another pair of socks, and she picked out the Kristy pattern from Cookie A's Sock Innovation book.

My stockinette gauge swatch was correct, only I had forgotten that I knit my cables super tight, and I had already finished quite a bit of it before I found out it was too small. So, I decided to knit gloves instead. I had never knit gloves before, and couldn't find a pattern that fit my gauge, so I made things up as I went along (not recommended, you'd think I would have learned by now). Still, I'm mostly happy with them.

Knitted Gloves

What: Gloves
Casted On: August 31, 2009
Finished: June 13, 2010
Yarn: Trekking sock yarn, dyed with black beans
Pattern: Kristi (ravelry link)

I didn't write down the pattern, but, I can tell you that the pinkie finger was 21 stitches and the rest were 24 stitches, and that for most of the fingers I decreased using:
Row 1: knit 4, k2tog, repeat
Row 2: Knit 3, k2tog, repeat
Row 3: Knit 2, k2tog, repeat
Row 4: K1, k2tog, repeat
Row 5: k2tog, repeat

At least I didn't finish during the hottest part of the year ...

10 comments:

  1. Those look absolutely great! maybe you're being too harsh if you think making it up as you go doesn't turn out well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fab - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Well done modifying the pattern like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are beautiful! Wow!! Well done!
    They turned out really classy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww. Thanks you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! they're really pretty :) love the cables! and you did a great job modding the pattern :)

    i founf your blog through the etsy forums and love it! just wanted to say hi!

    xo, katie

    http://www.kateandoli.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. i linked to you here: http://www.kateandoli.com/2010/06/love.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete