Monday, July 18, 2005

We've got the hook up

I'm on the internet at the store! Finally!

More people came into the store today than expected. We originally guessed that Mondays were going to be a slow day and that we'd eventually close on Mondays. It's time to revisit that guess. Maybe we'll just stay open every day - no days off for us, but that's easy for me to say since Jessamy has been doing all the work lately. But at least it she's enjoying it.

And can I just take the time to mention that I love the PowerBook G4 keyboard much better than the computer we have at home, I'm actually typing at a half way decent speed right now.

We saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory on Friday, right after we saw the orignial at the store. It was very entertaining but not perfect, and it didn't seem like Tim Burton was trying to make a perfect film. The special effects were a bit lame as well. Johnny Depp was brilliant, as he always is and always will be, which is why we have made July the Johnny Depp movie month at That Yarn Store.

Back to the store .... we've moved around a few things this weekend so now the store doesn't look as desolate but we still haven't had anyone come hang out and knit yet, which is a little dissapointing.

As for my knitting projects, on Friday Mom is going to Alaska with her sister so she requested, for an early birthday present, a hat and a muffler. I'm assuming she ment a muffler for neck, not for her car ... I'm also making a pair of socks for myself, so maybe I can get my parents' camera so I can take a picture of my projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment