Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Minor Humbug

As of right now J is on an airplane, off to visit her mom for Christmas. As of right now I'm spending Christmas alone, in a foreign country, without good friends or family around.

It's been less than 48 hours since she'd been out of town and I've already started eating microwave food and have had waaaaay too much chocolate and shortbread. Actually, no wonder I'm already sad. Sugar crash.

This is my first Christmas away from home. Though really I've been a minor humbug for a few years now. Most of my family is into traditions, but I think I'll be ok without watching How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the 29th time in my life! *ironic*

I've also decided in the past 24 hours that I won't be buying a real Christmas tree for a logical albeit strange reason (totally not going to depress you by going into more detail on that). But that just might be the shortbread talking...

... so, um, Happy Holidays.

*off to eat something healthy so I'll stop being so melodramatic*

We're expecting more snow this weekend so I'll have pretty snow pictures for you soon.

snow on hill with bus stop

No comments:

Post a Comment