Monday, November 15, 2010

Yay electronics!

Tonight at Granny Green's Big Night Out (a weekly craft group I go to) they were holding a Beginning Electronics Workshop hosted by the Edinburgh Hacklab.

I can still remember a little electronic kit I had when I was a kid, and every few years I consider buying myself another one and never end up actually buying it, so I had been looking forward to this workshop all week.

We each got a little kit with directions and a friendly hacklab person was at each table to help us out.

Here's the first step, a bunch of transistors waiting to be soldered:
Here I am soldering. Apparently it's fascinating... :)
Actually I think she was just making sure I was doing it correctly.

And soon I had a flashy light thingy!
Woohoo!

And now the question is, how can I incorporate this with fibre without electrocuting myself...?

Btw, very soon I'll leaving this blog and starting a new one!

Please change your bookmarks to: http://fibrouscreations.com

No comments:

Post a Comment