Sunday, May 16, 2010

A late Mother's Day present

Got an email from mom, her Mother's Day present (technically I did send it before Mother's Day) arrived. She reads the blog Hi mom so I couldn't show it to you until now. I sent a candy bar (because they have some interesting ones over here) and this little guy:
Felted hedgehog

It was kind of sad putting him in the package though, he looked a little uncomfortable.
Uncomfortable hedgehog

I'm not sure if you can tell in these photos, but the snout part is slightly darker, and was dyed with tea (I'll write up a tutorial soon).

I had initially made a shawl for her, but she had specific size requirements, and I accidentally left it in the dryer for too long, so it's actually now a small scarf that I'm not sure what I'm going to do with.
Nuno scarf

I'm considering opening an etsy shop, our apartment is kind of too small for all the stuff I want to make ...

4 comments:

  1. I'm considering opening up an Etsy shop too. I knit every day and have tons of things I could sell, but I just worry no one will buy anything :) Let us know if you do and how it works out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute little hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that scarf is beautiful - it could be a cowl. Or you could fold it in half to be a purse.

    Good luck if you open an etsy shop!! There's so much support online with groups and on the etsy website - what have you got to lose?

    And... I'm loving that glove in your last post - someone asked me this week if there's something I'd find too difficult to knit and I said "gloves!" I'm so impressed with those fingers and how nice it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Chelsea :)
    And thanks for your support Tamdoll and Merf!

    ReplyDelete