Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Going with the grey


Just bought my yarn for the Scotty's Hat (from Star Trek) knitalong. It took me a long time to decide. Was thinking about some undyed 100% wool, which was nice and soft. Then I saw Serenity by Wendy, a 10% wool, 20% alpaca and 70% acrylic for half the price. Then came the long and ugly battle of deciding between the two, but frugality/the realities of not having a job won. Can't really complain that much about the yarn though, it's soft enough, a lot like Encore actually.

I also had a hard time figuring out what color to get. They had a brown, which would be closest to the reddish/brown that was in the movie. But I don't actually own any brown clothes, it's just not a color that in any way appeals to me. I also thought about a black, but I already wear too much black clothes, so light grey it is. The knitalong is open to everyone, so please come and join me on ravelry.

No comments:

Post a Comment