Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Knit for peace

Martini Night was a blast (thanks again, Libby), and I'll post more on that soon, but right now I want to share an email I just got (write a comment, or email if you have any recomendations on how That Yarn Store can celebrate it) :

Dear Folks,
We've just passed the autumnal equinox, it's the new moon, the New Year for some, a lovely Friday in September for others, and I'd like to start organising for 2007. These are the things that I'd like to do to get organised:
Get the Knit for Peace Manifesto translated into as many languages as possible.
Remind people so that they can start planning in their communities.
Generate contact with the press so that the word can spread.
To update you on what I've been doing:
I've updated the Squidoo lens (http://www.squidoo.com/knitforpeace)
I've (gulp) started a blog (http://knitforpeace.blogspot.com)
The reason that I've started a blog is to make current information available to anyone who looks for it--it's seems easier than pointing and clicking to bcc to everyone on a mailing list from Yahoo so that you're all anonymous to each other. Speaking of which, if you want to be removed from this mailing list please let me know and I will do so immediately. I don't expect to be sending out a lot of this type of email because (1) it's a pain to write and receive, and (2) I figure that some of these will get caught in a spam trap because the list is so long, and I don't want that to happen.
Happy knitting,
Randy
Another Knitter for Peace

1 comment:

  1. Very fun inaugural Happy Hour Knit! Wish I had taken pictures, but I was too busy shaking and then my hands were so full of lime and vodka... Gloves next time, you're right.

    ReplyDelete