Jessamy's hat is finished. Here she is wearing it at a jaunty slant. It took us at least 15 minutes to find the right button.
I used the crown shaping found at The Knitting Fiend.
It is a bit exaggerated for the photo. Too bad I was never able to figure out what I did with that cat/devil hat. Now that was a nice crown.
I had quite a few modifications. I thought the seed stitch border looked a bit big in the original picture, so I started on a row 2 (1 row less than called for). I m1, k1 instead of k1, kf/b and did ssk instead of k2tog because I tried to memorize the pattern instead of just printing it out …
I've figured out a good solution to this though, save the pattern onto the "portable reader system" which was Jessamy's mom gave to us because she had received it as a gift and but never used because prefered to read actual books instead of digital words.
And I BO 4 instead of the 12 (purposefully) for the flap.
And that's about it.