Thursday, July 27, 2006

The Peaches!

At 12:30 last night I was awoken by a terrifying crash. I immediately woke up and yelled "oh my god, the peaches!" As it turns out, the noise wasn't a creature casually destroying my food dehydrator, but instead the animal, presumably the same one who has been treating one corner of my balcony as a toilet, had tipped over a plastic chair that was leaning against the house, and the chair in turn knocked down my stone gnome. Just to be safe, the food dehydrator spent the rest of the night indoors.

DAY TWO, hour 26:
I came home from work to find that the towel that had been on the dehydrator (I had placed it outside at 8 am) had blown off. When I took off the lid I noticed two objects fly out of the dehydrator.
hmmmm
Do I:
1) Just throw out the peaches, declaring nature the winner.
2) Continue with the experiment and either a) Throw them out once I've determined how long it takes food to dehydrate b) Still eat the peaches when they are done, because fly eggs are good for you, right? c) Keep telling myself that the two black objects were not actually flyers, but stray hairs that were blowing in my peripheral vision d) Give the finished product to my mother in law.

I decided to go with choice 2, though I'm still not sure what I'll do with them once they're done.

Of course, the nectarines might never dehydrate, this just might end up being a documentation of how fruits rot.

As you can see from the picture, they aren't looking very appetizing

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:18 AM

    I really enjoyed looking at your site, I found it very helpful indeed, keep up the good work.
    »

    ReplyDelete