It's raining over here, perfect sweater weather. So I've put down my ipod cozies and started using the yarn from the train wreck otherwise known as my sister's sweater. Unravelling it and getting the kinks out was a project in itself which I had actually started last week.
For reasons I'm not completely sure of I've decided to base the sweater on TomatoIn any case since I had three colors of Encore I've decided to do an argyle pattern but keep everything else the same.
I lost track of how long I spent on Saturday evening trying to work out the math so that the diamonds would start in the correct place. Once I had figured it out (using the most geometry I've used since high school) I decided that I would like smaller diamonds, then I realized it would be better using this number as the basis than this, etc etc.
But, I was able to cast on and do two rows on Saturday, and got to bed before midnight too!
Jessamy has the camera but I'm moving over to London on Thursday so there will be pictures soon.
It's going well, I'm several inches into it and it seems like it will be pretty quick to knit. Except for the math on Saturday I think I've done better than normal in the making life, ie knitting, harder for myself area.