Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Dyed sweater


Here's my grandmother's sweater so far.

It's a cardigan, really. I'm planning on making the top of it a yoke (adding the sleeves to the body and knitting the rest in one piece). And no, I'm not gonna do a fairisle yoke, the variation of the skeins will probably be exciting enough. And yes, I do realize now that I have a light stripe. I tried switching between skeins for much of the sweater, but evidently I got bored. I'm wondering if I could a little dye directly on parts of that stripe, then microwaving it, a la kool aid style.

2 comments:

  1. Thea,

    I think it looks lovely!

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Thea, the picture doesn't do the color of the yarn justice, it is a very beautiful deep color of a shade of maroon. It is coming along wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete