Friday, August 12, 2005

V shawl

Seeing as the majority of the people stopping by the store are
crocheters I've decided to try my hand at crocheting again. When I was
12 I picked up a crochet hook and decided to teach myself how to
crochet. A few weeks later we had lots of crocheted objects
around the house. The problem was, I knew nothing about foundation
chains, so all I managed to do was make a bunch of circles. Now
the time has come to once again teach myself the art of one-stick-with
hook-in-end. I'm pretty sure I've figured out the difference
between single, double, and triple crochet, but my biggest problem is
what to do at the edges. Lots of them seem to grow shorter as I
continue to crochet, but not all of them are mysteriously shrinking. I
don't know ... it's a whole different world, this crochet thing.
Despite my confusedness I've managed to follow the pattern for Tia
Jose's V Shawl (the original was made by Tia Jose then
reverse-engineered by Jessamy). I've made a couple of mistakes,
but overall it looks allright, I probably should have gone with the
worsted instead of the chunky but I liked the light blue color.
You can kind of see the V shape at the corner of the
picture.



crochet shawl


Boy, I should really take a photography lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment