Wednesday, January 20, 2010

And a part of a sock

I've spent a lot of time this week "cramming" for the first meeting of the intermediate Spanish class that's taking place next week. I took four years of Spanish in high school, and have been told many times that I have a great accent and it sounds like what I'm saying in Spanish should make sense, so I really, really don't want to take a beginner's class. Only I can't actually remember how to say anything but the basics, so I've been looking at learn-to-speak-Spanish videos on YouTube and tomorrow will be going to the library to see what I can find there in the hopes that I can pass for intermediate when next week comes around.

My ukulele skills are getting very slowly better, though I'm not actually at the point yet where I've tried to learn a song.

So between Spanish, ukulele, watching the hummingbird in Orange County, and making interesting dinners like grilled goat cheese on toasted pieces of french bread on salad I've managed to make a little progress on the sock.

Tah Dah. I'm still surprised at how impressive self-striping yarn looks.

3 comments:

  1. Oh that yarn looks lovely! Very nice colors and pretty stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne12:52 AM

    Yes - it's making me think I should call your dad and buy some more Sockotta. Does he still have any left? Or any other sock yarn, for that matter?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Alexandra!

    Suzanne - I'm pretty sure he doesn't have any sockotta left, this skein was attached to a swatch for display purposes. I'm pretty sure there's some sock yarn left over that I didn't buy ...

    ReplyDelete