Thursday, July 23, 2009

Ready for its close-up

My first plant-dyed multicolored skein is dry, and ready for its close-up.

hand dyed yarn

It came out pretty good I think. I tried something different this time, and it came out not quite as felted as my other skeins, but a bit thicker and not as soft as its pre-dyed self. The yarn is a single ply, which I think is why it fulls so easily (but sadly it's the only undyed yarn I've seen in my town). Sooo, as a birthday present for myself (b-day was yesterday, and the package came yesterday!) I bought undyed sock yarn.
DSCN1331

I'll be brewing the first one tomorrow. Fingers crossed it doesn't felt.

As part of my birthday celebration J and I made Chocolate Lava Cake.
Chocolate Lava Cake
Really it's more like Gooey Chocolaty cupcakes, but it was really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment