Wednesday, March 25, 2009

So many cookies

A few days ago I had decided to make cookies.

In my search for recipes I stumbled upon a New York Times article which said that cookies tasted better after 36 hours after refrigeration. I decided to give it a try, so I made cookie dough on Monday night. I cooked the first batch immediately, then Tuesday morning, Tuesday night, and Wednesday morning. They aren't the most photogenic of cookies unfortunately. They looked fine in the oven and sometimes fine when I took them out, but then they flattened.

We didn't notice any difference between each batch, but maybe our tasting memory just isn't very good. Though it was a nice excuse to eat a whole lot of cookies.


Day 1:
Day 2 am (I took them out too soon, and had to pop them in):

Day 2pm:
I think we were well into eating them by the time I took this picture.


Day 3 am:
Ended up cooking these a little longer.

What I did notice though was that the consistency of the dough changed after 24 hours, and then again after 36. The dough became a little more crumbly and hard, but that made it easier to form into balls.

So it was quite fun making all these cookies, but unfortunately I've already noticed that my trousers are a little tighter than normal. Oh well, such is life.

No comments:

Post a Comment